East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:00 AM NST 23 January 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 20 knots backing to west 25 near noon then to southwest 15 to 20 overnight. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Sunday morning.
Flurries ending early this morning.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5105N 5545W to 5130N 5430W
to 5220N 5340W to 5500N 5445W to 5800N 5800W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:19 PM EST 22 January 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5049N 5604W to 5105N 5345W to 5700N 5330W to 6300N 5800W to 6415N
5600W to 5720N 4700W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5120N 5637W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 23 January 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NST today low 988 mb located over Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Sunday low 985 mb located over Anticosti Island.
At 3:00 a.m. NST today deepening low 984 mb located over the
southeastern Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Sunday low 972 mb located over northern Funk
At 3:00 a.m. NST Sunday intensifying low 988 mb located south of
By 8:00 p.m. NST Sunday low 955 mb located southeast of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:57 AM NST 23 January 2021 A low pressure system over Belle Isle Bank will move southwestward to
lie over Anticosti Island tonight before dissipating on Sunday.
Gale force northeasterly winds can be expected north of the low
A second low over the Southeastern Grand Banks will move to lie over
Northern Funk Island Bank this evening where it will stall before
drifting westward across Southern Belle Isle Bank on Sunday.
Gale force southerly to southwesterly winds over southeasternmost
waters ahead of the low and strong to gale force northwesterlies in
its wake will diminish later today. As the low moves over more
northern waters tonight gale to storm force northeasterlies can be
expected to its north with strong to gale force westerlies to its
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Belle Isle Bank. Gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Funk Island Bank, and the Grand
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank - eastern half
- LaHave Bank - western half
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore - eastern half
- Southwestern Shore - western half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: