East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 23 May 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 early this morning then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 this evening. Wind becoming northeast 15 overnight then increasing to northeast 25 Tuesday morning.
Rain tonight and Tuesday. Fog patches forming this afternoon and dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 May 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5125N 5700W to
Newfoundland near 5115N 5647W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5050N 5559W to
5100N 5330W to 5530N 5215W to 5803N 5715W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:20 PM EDT 22 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5310W to 4645N 4700W to 4830N 4650W to 5100N 4735W to 5715N
5040W to 5650N 4750W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6137W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 23 May 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 1004 mb located over the Quebec Lower
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday departing low 1000 mb located east of
the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: