East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 16 June 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind south 30 knots veering to southwest 30 this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 20 late overnight and locally gusts to 30 along the coast. Wind southwest 20 and locally gusts to 30 along the coast Thursday.
Showers ending Thursday afternoon. Fog banks.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 16 June 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5423N 5736W to 5426N
5503W to 5514N 5633W to Labrador near 5508N 5858W.sea ice within the
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5738N 6154W to 5729N
6033W to 5802N 5939W then northeastward. Sea ice north of the ice
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 15 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4950N 5547W to 5000N 5345W to 5105N 5230W to 5540N 5200W to 5600N
5200W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5805W to 5850N 4840W to 5815N 4815W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5124N 5754W to Newfoundland near 5043N 5710W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 16 June 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line east-west over
the Avalon Peninsula.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line east-west over
northern Funk Island Bank.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 1000 mb located over
the Quebec Lower North Shore.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM NDT 16 June 2021 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: