East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 26 August 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 10 to 15 knots backing to south 10 to 15 near noon then to southeast 15 to 20 overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 Tuesday morning then veering to south 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Showers and fog patches beginning Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 August 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
5015N 5635W to 5005N 5240W to 5500N 5220W to 5600N 5300W to 6140N
5940W to 6330N 5700W to 5820N 4800W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5027N 5726W to Quebec near 5109N 5838W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 26 August 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the South Coast of
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday departing ridge located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today deepening low 1010 mb located south of
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 1002 mb located east of Sable Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM NDT 26 August 2019 A low pressure system south of Nova Scotia will deepen as it moves
northeastwards towards Newfoundland tonight. Winds will strengthen to
strong to gale force southeasterlies over southern waters tonight and
Tuesday as the low approaches.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: