Issued 03:00 AM NDT 08 May 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind east 10 to 15 knots increasing to east 20 early this evening and to southeast 30 near midnight. Wind diminishing to south 15 to 20 Sunday morning then increasing to south 25 Sunday afternoon.
Rain overnight and Sunday morning. Fog banks.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 7 May 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5320N 5549W to 5336N 5519W to
5452N 5719W to 5606N 5631W to 5801N 5954W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:07 PM EDT 7 May 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4929N 5510W to 5245N 4940W to 5500N 5020W to 5525N 5040W then
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 May estimated from Quebec near
5045N 5920W to Newfoundland near 5010N 5731W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 8 May 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the northern Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Sunday ridge located northeast of Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today deepening low 997 mb located southeast of
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 984 mb located over Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM NDT 8 May 2021 A deepening low pressure system southeast of Cape Cod will move to
lie over Cape Breton Island tonight then slowly move up the west
coast of Newfoundland on Sunday. Strong to gale force east to
northeast winds will develop ahead of the low tonight then shift to
southerly east of it on Sunday. Winds will diminish over most waters
later on Sunday as the low weakens.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters and the Southwest Coast.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: