Issued 08:00 PM NDT 24 September 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind south 30 knots veering to southwest 25 late overnight. Wind southwest 25 Sunday.
Scattered showers overnight and Sunday.
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 24 September 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4804N 5256W to 4815N 5215W to 5045N 4845W to 5345N 4845W to 5600N
5045W to 5845N 5545W to 5945N 5255W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5100N 5853W to 5030N 5830W to Newfoundland near 5012N 5735W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northwest of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 24 September 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight Post-tropical Storm Fiona 950 mb located
at 48.8N 59.8W.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Sunday Post-tropical Storm Fiona 987 mb located
over southern Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:45 PM NDT 24 September 2022 Post tropical storm Fiona is forecast to track northeastward across
the Eastern Gulf of St. Lawrence tonight before departing over
Southeastern Labrador on Sunday morning.
Generally gale to storm force winds can be expected over most waters
until Fiona passes, with hurricane force winds over extreme
southwestern waters continuing this evening. Winds will become
southwesterly and diminish over all waters on Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that hurricane force wind warnings are
in effect for Gulf-Port au Port - southeastern half, and Southwest
Coast. Storm warnings are in effect for Strait of Belle Isle -
western half, and Northeast Gulf - southeastern half. Gale warnings
are in effect for all remaining waters except Funk Island Bank and
the Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that high water level warnings are
in effect for Gulf-Port au Port, Southwest Coast, and South Coast.
At 8:00 PM NDT, post-tropical storm Fiona was located near
Latitude 48.8 north and longitude 59.8 west , or about 52 nautical
miles west-northwest of Stephenville. Maximum sustained winds were
estimated at 60 knots and central pressure at 950 MB. Fiona was
moving northeastward at 30 knots.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: