Cabot Strait - northern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 01 October 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to southerly 15 to 20 early this evening then diminishing to southerly 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Friday morning then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Friday afternoon with gusts to 30 in the Wreckhouse area Friday evening.
Showers Friday evening. Fog patches forming near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 1 October 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5157N 5555W to 5200N 5330W to 5300N 5000W to 5500N 5000W to
5700N 5500W to 6100N 5900W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 1 October 2020 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary high located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from the Great Lakes to
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over New Brunswick.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM ADT 1 October 2020 Marine interests are advised that the gale warning that was
previously in effect for Anticosti has now been ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: