Cabot Strait - northern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 26 May 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 knots early Friday morning and to southeast 20 near noon Friday with gusts to 30 in the Wreckhouse area. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 30 early Friday evening with gusts to 45 in the Wreckhouse area.
Rain overnight and Friday. Fog patches forming near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:49 PM EDT 26 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5330W to 4620N 5225W to 4600N 4630W to 4730N 4525W to 5115N
4700W to 5715N 5040W to 5620N 4525W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot Strait - northern halfIssued 8:00 PM ADT 26 May 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 26 May 2022 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing ridge located south of the
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1005 mb located south of James Bay.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday low 1002 mb located over Quebec.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore - eastern half
- Southwestern Shore - western half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: