Issued 08:00 PM ADT 19 September 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind north 30 knots diminishing to north 15 to 20 Monday afternoon and to north 10 to 15 Monday evening.
Showers this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 19 September 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5538W to 5300N 5330W to 5515N 5330W to 5800N 5700W to
6240N 6015W to 6310N 5640W to 5925N 5230W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot StraitIssued 8:00 PM ADT 19 September 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 19 September 2021 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight Post-tropical Storm Odette 990 mb located
over southeastern Laurentian Fan.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday departing Post-tropical Storm Odette 990
mb located over the Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located west of the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday ridge located over the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:46 PM ADT 19 September 2021 Post-tropical storm Odette is currently located over Southeastern
Laurentian Fan and is forecast to lie over the Grand Banks by
overnight tonight. Gale to storm force northerly winds in the wake of
Odette will gradually diminish as the system moves further away from
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - southeastern half and Laurentian Fan. Gale warnings are
in effect for eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, and
Banquereau - northwestern.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: