Issued 03:30 PM ADT 24 March 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 25 knots veering to north 15 to 20 near midnight then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 near noon Saturday. Wind increasing to southeast 25 Saturday evening.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 24 March 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday. Seas 2 to 3 metres subsiding to 1 to 2 Saturday morning.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 24 March 2023
Sunday Wind southeast 30 knots becoming westerly 25 to 30 in the afternoon.
Monday Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15.
Tuesday Wind north 15 knots diminishing to light.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:10 PM EDT 24 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5555W to 4530N 5510W to 4405N 4645W to 4720N 4350W to 5835N
5540W to 6005N 5015W to 5920N 4845W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6050W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5810W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 24 March 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 985 mb located over the southwestern
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday departing low 982 mb located over the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday ridge located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:06 PM ADT 24 March 2023 A low pressure system over the Southwestern Grand Banks will slowly
move eastward away from the district tonight. Strong to gale force
easterly winds north of the system will shift to gale to storm force
westerlies in its wake over most eastern waters.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan - western half, and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: