Issued 10:00 AM ADT 05 August 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind westerly 10 to 15 Thursday.
Fog patches dissipating Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 4 August 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4810N 5335W to 5000N 4755W to 5210N 4805W to 5400N 4900W to 6105N
5845W to 6200N 5700W to 5900N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5120N 5806W to Newfoundland near 5041N 5718W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 5 August 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Labrador to Newfoundland
then to East Scotian Slope.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday ridge located southeast of the Marine
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located on a line north-south
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday trough located on a line north-south
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:46 AM ADT 5 August 2020
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: