Issued 10:00 AM ADT 20 April 2019
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwesterly 20 to 25 knots backing to southerly 20 this evening. Wind southerly 20 Sunday.
Periods of drizzle changing to showers Sunday morning. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4555N 5950W to 4605N 5930W
to 4705N 5850W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5850W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 April 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4643N 5319W to 4300N 5200W to 4025N 4840W to 4025N 4630W to 4925N
3915W to 5010N 3920W to 5600N 5105W to 5720N 5340W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6004W to Newfoundland near 4856N 5827W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 20 April 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today warm front located on a line east-west
over southern New Brunswick.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Sunday warm front located over the northern Gulf
of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM ADT 20 April 2019 Outlook for the start-up of the eastern shore lobster fishery:
Monday..Wind southwesterly 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15
to 20 near noon.
Tuesday..Wind northeast 20 to 25 knots.
Wednesday..Wind northeast 20 to 25 knots.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: