Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2020
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 21 January 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. AST today deepening low 979 mb located south of East
By 3:00 a.m. AST Friday departing low 980 mb located over the
northern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Friday approaching low 1000 mb located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:51 AM AST 21 January 2021 Strong northwesterlies across northern waters will diminish this
morning. These strong winds will combine with colder air over the
Gulf of St. Lawrence to cause freezing spray today.
A low pressure system south of East Scotian Slope will continue
deepen and cross just south of the marine district today. Gale to
storm force northerlies will develop over southernmost waters today
and diminish tonight as the low passes.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - southeastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, Banquereau -
eastern half, and Laurentian Fan - northwestern half.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Anticosti - western half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: