Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2021
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 18 January 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 978 mb located over Quebec.
By 3:30 p.m. AST today departing low 980 mb located over Labrador.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday ridge located on a line north-south
over the Gulf of Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday ridge located over Cape Breton Island.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday approaching low 1005 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:54 AM AST 18 January 2022 An intense low pressure system over Southern Quebec will move to lie
over Labrador by this afternoon. Gale to storm force southeasterly
winds ahead of the low become strong to gale force westerly winds
In its wake.
Another low pressure system will approach from Quebec on Wednesday
bringing strong to gale force southwesterlies to southwestern waters
late in the day.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
eastern shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern half, East Scotian
Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait and
Anticosti - eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for all
remaining waters except Fundy and Northumberland Strait.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy, Grand Manan,
Lurcher, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, eastern shore, Sable,
Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait,
Chaleur-Miscou, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that a high water level warning is
in effect for the southern coastline of Newfoundland this morning.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: