Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 28 May 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 knots veering to northwest 25 this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 near noon Monday. Wind diminishing to light Monday evening.
Showers this evening.
Low tonight plus 5. High Monday plus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 3:30 PM ADT 28 May 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 28 May 2023 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today cold front located from the Quebec Lower
North Shore to the Gulf of Maine.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday cold front located from Banquereau to
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Monday departing cold front located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday ridge located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 PM ADT 28 May 2023 A cold front will move southward across northern waters to lie from
Banquereau to Lurcher overnight. The cold front will continue to move
southward Monday morning and will pull away from the marine district
by Monday afternoon.
Strong southwesterly winds ahead of the front shift to strong to gale
force northerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: