Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 30 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the eastern Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Avalon Peninsula.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from Quebec to New Brunswick
then to Georges Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM ADT 30 March 2023 A trough of low pressure will track across the marine district from
west to east today and tonight. Strong northwesterlies in the wake of
the trough will increase to strong to gale force overnight tonight
Or Friday morning. These gales will begin to diminish Friday
afternoon or evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warning are in effect for West
Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope and Chaleur-Miscou - western half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northumberland Strait - western half and Chaleur-Miscou.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: