Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 2 February 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 995 mb located over central Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Friday low 986 mb located over eastern Quebec.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Friday trough from low located from Anticosti
Island to Grand Manan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:54 AM AST 2 February 2023 An intensifying low pressure system approaching from Central Quebec
will bring strong to gale force southerlies and gale force
northwesterlies across the marine region beginning Friday morning.
An extremely cold air mass will usher in behind this low, leading to
severe freezing spray on Friday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for all waters except
Laurentian Fan and Banquereau - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: