Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 6 February 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. AST today weakening trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Maritimes.
By 3:30 p.m. AST today dissipating trough located over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 989 mb located near Georges Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Tuesday low 988 mb located south of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:41 AM AST 6 February 2023 A trough of low pressure over the Maritimes will gradually weaken
today as it moves away to the northeast. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies ahead of the trough will diminish today as it moves
Later today an intense low pressure system will move near Georges
Bank then drift slowly away to the southeast on Tuesday. Gale to
storm force northeasterlies will develop over the southern half of
the marine district with this system.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
Gale warnings are in effect for Grand Manan, Lurcher, browns banks,
southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu,
Banquereau and Laurentian Fan. Freezing spray warnings are in effect
for Fundy, Grand Manan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf -
Magdalen, and Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: