Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 07 July 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to northwest 15 this afternoon and to light this evening. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 Friday morning.
High today plus 20. Low tonight plus 10. High Friday plus 22.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 10:00 AM ADT 07 July 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 7 July 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing low 997 mb located over
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located over the western Marine
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday departing ridge located over the eastern
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located over the Gulf of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:56 AM ADT 7 July 2022 An area of low pressure over Newfoundland will continue to track
eastward today. Strong to gale force northerlies in its wake will
gradually dissipate throughout the day with the departure of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: