Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2020
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 15 April 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 996 mb located south of Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 995 mb located south of the Grand
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located west of the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
the central Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1007 mb located off the East Coast of
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 996 mb located over Cape Cod.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:36 AM ADT 15 April 2021 A low pressure system will develop along the Eastern Seaboard this
morning and intensify as it slowly tracks northeastward and
approaches the marine district today and tonight. The low will stall
near Cape Cod Friday morning and push a trough into southwestern
waters. Strong to gale force easterly winds are expected to develop
ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank,
and West Scotian Slope.
Outlook for the start-up of the eastern shore lobster fishery.
Sunday...Winds westerly 15 knots increasing to west 25 knots in the
Afternoon. Sea state near 2 metres.
Monday..Winds westerly 20 to 25 knots. Sea state near 2 metres.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: