Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 near noon and to light this evening. Wind becoming southwest 15 Tuesday afternoon.
High today plus 10. Low tonight plus 2. High Tuesday plus 16.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 03:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today cold front located from Banquereau to
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing cold front located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM ADT 29 May 2023 A cold front from Banquereau to Lurcher at forecast time will track
east of the district by this afternoon.
Strong southwesterly winds ahead of the front shift to strong to gale
force northerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait and Gulf-Magdalen.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: