Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2021
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 16 January 2022 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 978 mb located north of
At 3:00 a.m. AST Monday low 986 mb located southwest of Long Island.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday low 982 mb located over Maine.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight high 1030 mb located over the southwestern
By 3:00 a.m. AST Monday high 1030 mb located over the southeastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:44 PM AST 16 January 2022 An intense low pressure system north of Newfoundland will continue to
move slowly away from the marine district tonight. Strong to gale
force northwesterlies over northern and eastern waters will gradually
diminish as a ridge of high pressure approaches from the west.
Another low pressure system is forecast to approach the region on
Monday bringing gale to storm force southeasterly winds across the
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern shore,
LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian
Slope, Fourchu and Gulf-Magdalen. Gale warnings are in effect for all
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore - eastern
half, Sable -eastern half, Fourchu, Banquereau - northwestern half,
Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that higher than normal water
levels and rough seas are expected along the Atlantic Coast near high
tides Monday evening.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: