Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 04 June 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots with gusts to 25 in the channels. Wind becoming east 15 near midnight then increasing to east 20 early Monday evening.
Periods of drizzle changing to showers near midnight then to rain Monday evening. Fog patches dissipating near noon Monday. Visibility 1 mile or less in fog patches and in rain.
Temperatures near plus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 8:00 PM ADT 04 June 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 4 June 2023 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over the southwestern
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday trough from 997 mb low located from LaHave
Bank to East Scotian Slope.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the northern Gulf of
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday weakening ridge located over the Strait
of Belle Isle.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: