Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2021
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 29 January 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. AST today intensifying low 989 mb located east of
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 968 mb located near Browns Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday low 970 mb located near Southwestern Shore.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday departing low 971 mb located over the
northern Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday approaching ridge located over Ontario.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:55 AM AST 29 January 2022 An intensifying low pressure system approaching from east of Cape
Hatteras will move to lie near Browns Bank this evening. The low will
move northeastward across Nova Scotia overnight tonight and across
the Gulf of St. Lawrence Sunday morning to lie over Southeastern
Labrador Sunday afternoon.
Gale to storm force northeasterlies are expected north of the low
with gale to storm force southerlies south of it.
Storm surge, rough surf and higher than normal water levels are
expected along the Atlantic Coast of Mainland Nova Scotia and Cape
Breton Island this afternoon and again early on Sunday. A high water
level warning is in effect.
Storm surge, higher than normal water levels and ice rafting are
expected this afternoon in the Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
all waters except for Chaleur-Miscou - western half. A gale warning
is in effect for Chaleur-Miscou - western half. Freezing spray
warnings are in effect for Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher, southwestern
shore, eastern shore, Cabot Strait - northern half and all Gulf of
St. Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: