Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 24 October 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 10 to 15 knots late overnight and to northwest 15 to 20 Sunday morning.
Showers and fog patches ending after midnight.
Temperatures plus 12 falling to plus 6 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 October 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight Hurricane Epsilon 958 mb located south
of Laurentian Fan.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday Post-tropical Storm Epsilon 968 mb located
over the southeastern Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM ADT 25 October 2020 At 3:00 A.M. ADT, hurricane epsilon was located near latitude 42.1
north and longitude 54.6 west or approximately 280 nautical miles
south-southwest of Cape Race. Maximum sustained winds were estimated
at 65 knots and central pressure at 960 MB. Epsilon is moving
northeast at 21 knots.
Epsilon will continue moving northeast today, passing through the
Southeastern Grand Banks this afternoon likely as a post-tropical
storm. Epsilon will depart away from the Grand Banks this evening.
Gale to storm force northwesterlies are expected behind epsilon over
the southeastern marine district today, with the storm force winds
confined to the Laurentian Fan area this morning. Elsewhere across
the district moderate to strong northerlies will diminish to light
tonight as an area of high pressure moves in from the west. Moderate
to strong southeasterlies will develop over westernmost waters later
on Monday ahead of a low pressure system approaching from New
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan. Gale warnings are in effect for east Scotian
Slope, Banquereau, and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: