Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 16 June 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light becoming southerly 10 to 15 knots early this evening then veering to westerly 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Thursday afternoon.
Showers ending overnight. Fog patches dissipating Thursday morning.
Low tonight plus 14. High Thursday plus 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 16 June 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from the Quebec Lower North
Shore to East Scotian Slope.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Anticosti Island
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday quasi-stationary trough located on a
line east-west over the Quebec Lower North Shore.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:15 PM ADT 16 June 2021 A trough of low pressure will remain over the marine district tonight
before moving to lie north of the region on Thursday. Strong to gale
force southerly winds over eastern sections ahead of the trough will
diminish as the trough pulls away.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: