Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2020
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 16 January 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located on a line
north-south over the eastern Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight intensifying low 987 mb located over
By 3:30 p.m. AST Sunday low 974 mb located near the Gaspe Peninsula.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:23 PM AST 16 January 2021 An intensifying low pressure system over Southern Maine early this
evening will track north then northeastward tonight to lie near the
Gaspé Peninsula Sunday afternoon. Gale to storm force southeasterly
winds will spread across the marine district ahead of this system.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern
shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau - western half,
Laurentian Fan - western half, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait -
eastern half and Gulf-Magdalen - eastern half. Gale warnings are in
effect for all remaining waters.
Marine interests are also advised that a high water level warning is
in effect for Gulf-Magdalen for Sunday near high tide near noon.
In addition, higher than normal water levels are expected for
Chaleur-Miscou for early evening on Sunday.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: