Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2023
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 28 November 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. AST today trough located over the eastern Marine
By 3:30 p.m. AST today departing trough located east of the Marine
At 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday ridge located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday ridge located over the western Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:53 AM AST 28 November 2023 A trough of low pressure over the eastern marine district will move
to lie east of the district by this afternoon. Gale to storm force
southeasterlies ahead of the trough diminish to moderate to strong
westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - eastern half and Laurentian Fan- eastern half.
Outlook for the start of the Southwest Nova lobster fishery.
Wednesday..Winds northwest 30 diminishing to northwest 20 to 25 near
Noon and to west 15 in the evening. Seas 3 to 4 metres
Subsiding to 1 to 2 in the evening.
Thursday..Winds southwest 10 to 15 increasing to southwesterly 20 to
The morning. Seas 1 to 2 metres increasing to 2 to 3
Friday..Winds southwest 25 diminishing to southwest 15 late in the
Seas 2 to 3 metres subsiding to 1 to 2 in the evening.
Saturday..Winds southwest 15 becoming north 15 in the morning and
Then increasing to north 20 in the afternoon. Seas 1 to
2 metres subsiding to near 1 metre in the morning.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: