Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2020
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 24 February 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
At 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday low 999 mb located over Maine.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Thursday low 993 mb located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:42 AM AST 24 February 2021 A low pressure system currently over the Great Lakes will track
eastward through Maine tonight and the Maritimes Thursday. This low
will bring strong to gale force westerlies to southern waters through
the day Thursday and strong to gale force northwesterlies to northern
waters Thursday afternoon.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
regions except Fundy, southwestern shore, eastern shore - western
half, Northumberland Strait - western half, and Anticosti - eastern
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Northumberland Strait -
eastern half, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: