Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 3 February 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. AST today departing trough from low located from
Newfoundland to Laurentian Fan.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Saturday low 958 mb located over Labrador Sea.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today building ridge located on a line north-south
By 8:00 p.m. AST Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 PM AST 3 February 2023 A trough of low pressure stretching from a low over Labrador will
move east of the district this evening. The associated low will
deepen as it moves over the Labrador Sea on Saturday. Strong to gale
force southerlies east of the trough increase to gale to storm force
westerlies in its wake. Winds will diminish over western waters later
Saturday as a ridge of high pressure approaches from the west.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters. Freezing spray
warnings are in effect for all waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: