Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2021
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 28 January 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. AST today dissipating cold front located from Labrador
to New England.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Saturday intensifying low 970 mb located near
By 8:00 p.m. AST Saturday low 965 mb located near Georges Bank.
At 10:00 a.m. AST today quasi-stationary ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:56 AM AST 28 January 2022 A cold frontal trough stretching southwestward from Labrador is
giving strong to gale force southwesterlies over northern waters this
A developing low pressure system approaching from near Cape Hatteras
will intensify rapidly as it moves to lie near Georges Bank late on
Saturday. Gale to storm force northeasterlies are expected north of
the low with gale to storm force southerlies south of it.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
all waters except for Chaleur - Miscou - western half. Freezing spray
warnings are in effect for Fundy and all Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: