Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 07 May 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this afternoon then increasing to northeast 15 near noon Saturday. Wind increasing to northeast 25 Saturday evening.
Rain Saturday evening.
High today plus 8. Low tonight plus 2. High Saturday plus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 10:00 AM ADT 07 May 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 7 May 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from New Brunswick to
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening ridge located from Anticosti
Island to Laurentian Fan.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight deepening low 1007 mb located southwest
of Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday low 986 mb located south of Halifax.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:50 AM ADT 7 May 2021 A low pressure system southwest of Georges Bank this evening will
intensify overnight as it approaches the marine district.
The intensifying low is forecast to track northeastward through the
day on Saturday to lie south of Halifax by evening. Strong to gale
force easterly winds ahead of the low shift to strong to gale force
westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope,
eastern shore - western half, Sable - western half, and East Scotian
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: