Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 17 October 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind east 20 knots increasing to southeast 40 near noon and to southeast 50 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southwesterly 15 to 20 late this evening then increasing to southwesterly 20 to 25 early Friday morning.
Rain this afternoon and this evening. Showers Friday.
Temperatures plus 8 rising to plus 14 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 10:00 AM ADT 17 October 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 17 October 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 972 mb located over northern New
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 980 mb located over Maine.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 988 mb located over the Gaspe
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing ridge located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM ADT 17 October 2019 An intense low pressure system currently over Northern New England
will move northward to lie over the Gaspé Peninsula Friday morning.
Winds increase to gale to storm force easterlies ahead of the low
then shift to strong to gale force southwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
all waters except Fundy, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, LaHave Bank, West
Scotian Slope, Banquereau and Laurentian Fan where gale warnings are
in effect. High water level warnings are in effect for Chaleur -
Miscou and Anticosti.
Also, rough surf and higher than normal water levels can be expected
along the Atlantic Coast of Nova Scotia and portions of the Gulf of
St. Lawrence today.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: