Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 1 December 2022 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. AST today trough located over the eastern Marine
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing trough located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. AST Friday ridge located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Friday ridge located over the southern Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:16 PM AST 1 December 2022 An intense trough of low pressure will depart the district later this
afternoon. Gale to storm force southerlies ahead of this trough shift
and diminish to strong to gale force westerlies in its wake.
Winds will further diminish on Friday as a ridge of high pressure
approaches from the west.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Banquereau and Laurentian Fan. Gale warnings are in effect for Grand
Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave
Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope,
Fourchu, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen and
Outlook for the start of the Southwest Nova lobster fishery, lfa34.
Saturday...Winds southwest 20 knots increasing to southerly 35 in the
afternoon. Seas 1 to 2 metres increasing to 3 metres late in the day.
Sunday...Winds west 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 in the
afternoon then light in the evening. Seas 3 to 4 metres becoming 2
metres late in the day.
Monday...Winds light. Seas near 1 metre.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: