Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to north 15 after midnight and to light Friday afternoon.
Scattered showers ending overnight.
High today plus 15. Low tonight plus 9. High Friday plus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 September 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the Gulf of
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday departing trough located over Laurentian
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over southern Ontario.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday quasi-stationary ridge located over the
western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:45 AM ADT 21 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: at 6:00 A.M. ADT hurricane nigel was
located near 40.6 north and 47.8 west, or about 432 nautical miles
southeast of Cape Race Newfoundland. Maximum sustained winds are
estimated at 75 knots. Minimum central pressure is 977 MB. Nigel is
moving northeast at 26 knots. Nigel will continue accelerating
northeastward over the next couple days.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - eastern half
- West Scotian Slope - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: