Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2019
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 15 December 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 971 mb located over the St. Lawrence
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 965 mb located over western
At 10:00 a.m. AST Monday quasi-stationary low 962 mb located over
At 3:30 p.m. AST Monday approaching ridge located near Cape Cod.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM AST 15 December 2019 A low pressure system currently located over the St Lawrence River
will track northeast to lie over Western Labrador by evening. Strong
to gale force southerlies ahead of the low will shift to gale to near
storm force westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan and Anticosti. Gale warnings are in effect for all
remaining waters. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Cabot
Strait and all of the Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
Large waves approaching from the south, combined with storm surge,
may cause minor flooding from Yarmouth County east to Queens County.
The highest risk will be near high tide, which will be at noon today.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: