Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 09 May 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 20 to 30 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 early this evening and to west 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind becoming light Monday morning.
Scattered showers ending this evening.
Temperatures plus 5 rising to plus 11 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 10:00 AM ADT 09 May 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 9 May 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 987 mb located over Cabot Strait.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 991 mb located over Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday departing low 993 mb located over
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday approaching trough located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:55 AM ADT 9 May 2021 A low pressure system over Cabot Strait will move over Newfoundland
later today. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds north of the
low shift to strong southwesterlies south and east of the low.
Winds will gradually diminish from west to east today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore - eastern half, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu,
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Gulf - Magdalen - west and
Anticosti - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: