Banquereau - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 05 June 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 15 knots increasing to east 25 early this evening and to east 35 overnight. Wind diminishing to east 25 near noon Tuesday then veering to southerly 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of drizzle changing to rain overnight and ending Tuesday afternoon. Fog patches.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 05 June 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 1 to 2 metres building to 2 to 3 this evening and to 3 to 4 Tuesday morning. Seas subsiding to 2 to 3 Tuesday evening.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 05 June 2023
Wednesday Wind southerly 15 knots.
Thursday Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light.
Friday Wind light.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:26 PM EDT 4 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5408W to 4610N 5345W to 4635N 4700W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
Banquereau - northern halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 05 June 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 5 June 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the southwestern Marine
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough from 995 mb low located from
Eastern Shore to Laurentian Fan.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today weakening ridge located over the Strait of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:40 AM ADT 5 June 2023 A low pressure system will develop over southwestern waters today and
move to lie over the Gulf of St. Lawrence by Tuesday evening.
Gale force east to northeasterlies will develop north and east of the
low overnight tonight and Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fourchu, Banquereau - northern half, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half, and Anticosti - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: