Issued 08:00 PM ADT 22 September 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind north 20 knots backing to northwest 15 late this evening then increasing to southwesterly 20 to 25 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 22 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5230N 4930W to 5330N 5000W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 22 September 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the western Marine
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Saturday ridge located from the Gulf of Maine
to Laurentian Fan.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:33 PM ADT 22 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: at 6:00 P.M. ADT tropical storm Ophelia
was located near 32.9 north and 76.3 west. Maximum sustained winds
were 60 knots and the minimum central pressure was 986 MB. Ophelia
was moving north northwest at 11 knots. There will be no impacts to
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: