Issued 03:00 AM ADT 12 June 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to westerly 15 to 20 knots this morning with gusts to 25 in the Honguedo Strait this evening. Wind becoming northerly 15 to 20 this evening then backing to westerly 20 Sunday afternoon.
Showers today and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 11 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4957N 5532W to 5000N 5400W to 5115N 5230W to 5425N 5200W to 5600N
5335W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5800W to 5730N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5810W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5721W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
AnticostiIssued 03:00 AM ADT 12 June 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 12 June 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today deepening low 1006 mb located south of
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 990 mb located south of Laurentian Fan.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from the Great Lakes to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing high 1020 mb located south of
the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:48 AM ADT 12 June 2021 A low pressure system will deepen as it tracks south of the marine
district today and Sunday. Strong to gale force easterly winds over
southern waters will shift to northwesterly as the low passes.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: