Strait of Belle Isle - western half
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 05 June 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to east 20 overnight and to northeast 30 near noon Tuesday.
Rain tonight. Showers Tuesday late in the day. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Fog patches reforming this afternoon.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 04 June 2023
Tonight and Monday. Seas 1 metre or less.
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 05 June 2023
Wednesday Wind northeast 25 knots.
Thursday Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots.
Friday Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 4 June 2023 Today Tonight and Monday Bergy water except 1 tenth first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the extreme northeastern section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 June 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5126N 5728W to
Newfoundland near 5102N 5706W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4934N 5428W to
5450N 5354W to 5517N 5552W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 1 tenth first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the extreme northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:26 PM EDT 4 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5408W to 4610N 5345W to 4635N 4700W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 5 June 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today approaching trough located south of Nova
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:55 AM NDT 5 June 2023 A trough of low pressure will approach from southwest today and track
northward to lie south of Newfoundland by Tuesday afternoon. Strong
to gale force east to northeasterlies will develop ahead of the low
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Gulf waters - northwestern half and Southwest Coast.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: