Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 06 June 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 20 this afternoon. Wind northeast 20 tonight and Wednesday.
Rain and fog patches tonight and Wednesday.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 06 June 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday. Outside the ice edge seas 1 metre or less building to 1 to 2 this evening.
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 06 June 2023
Thursday Wind northeast 25 knots.
Friday Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots.
Saturday Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 6 June 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday Bergy water except 2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the northern section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 June 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4921N 5502W to 5303N 5349W
to 5517N 5500W to 5635N 5737W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:37 PM EDT 5 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4701N 5520W to 4550N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 6 June 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Sable Island.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday trough located on a line east-west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:51 AM NDT 6 June 2023 A trough of low pressure over Sable Island will track northward to
lie over Newfoundland by tonight. Strong to gale force east to
northeasterlies will develop today ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northeast Gulf - northwestern half, Gulf - Port au Port -
northwestern half, and Southwest Coast.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: