Issued 08:00 PM NDT 12 June 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind south 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 25 Sunday afternoon except southwest 10 to 15 over eastern sections.
Showers Sunday. Fog patches forming Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 12 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 13 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4957N 5532W to 5000N 5350W to 5105N 5235W to 5435N 5200W to 5600N
5335W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5800W to 5730N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 13 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5810W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5721W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 12 June 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Quebec Lower North Shore.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Sunday dissipating trough located on a line
north-south over Gulf - Port au Port.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 992 mb located south of Laurentian Fan.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Sunday low 985 mb located over the northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM NDT 12 June 2021 A developing low pressure system south of Laurentian Fan will cross
the Southeastern Grand Banks by Sunday afternoon. Gale to storm force
east to northeasterly winds ahead of the low will shift to strong to
gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half and Southeastern Grand
Banks. Gale warnings are in effect for Northern Grand Banks -
northwestern half and Southwestern Grand Banks - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: