South Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 12 June 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 Sunday afternoon.
Fog patches forming overnight and dissipating Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 June 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5349N 5704W to 5409N 5619W to
5449N 5616W to 5549N 5927W to 5844N 6207W to 5842N 6114W then
northeastward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 11 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4957N 5532W to 5000N 5400W to 5115N 5230W to 5425N 5200W to 5600N
5335W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5800W to 5730N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5810W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5721W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 12 June 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: