South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 19 November 2019
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots increasing to north 25 Wednesday morning then diminishing to north 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Flurries ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 November 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5410N 5740W to Labrador
near 5420N 5740W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5455N 5805W to 5615N
6035W to 5750N 6125W to 6020N 6415W to Labrador near 6025N 6425W.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 1 tenth new ice along parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 19 November 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5155N 5600W to 5130N 5415W to 5245N 5230W to 5530N 5400W to
6100N 5900W to 6200N 5400W to 5800N 4800W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 19 November 2019 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 996 mb located over northeastern
By 9:30 p.m. NST Wednesday departing low 991 mb located east of
Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: