South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 08 May 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 20 Sunday morning and to northeast 30 Sunday evening.
Showers ending this afternoon. Snow Sunday late in the day. Fog patches dissipating Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 8 May 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5320N 5549W to 5336N 5519W to
5456N 5709W to 5536N 5504W to 5801N 6014W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 4 tenths first-year ice in Sandwich Bay.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:07 PM EDT 7 May 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4929N 5510W to 5245N 4940W to 5500N 5020W to 5525N 5040W then
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 May estimated from Quebec near
5045N 5920W to Newfoundland near 5010N 5731W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 8 May 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: