South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 16 January 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots becoming light late overnight then increasing to southeast 10 to 15 Sunday morning. Wind increasing to east 25 Sunday afternoon then veering to southeast 30 Sunday evening.
Flurries Sunday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 4 rising to plus 1 Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 January 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5105N 5545W to 5220N 5340W
to 5540N 5525W to 5800N 5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
2 tenths grey ice except 8 tenths new ice including 1 tenth
grey-white ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EST 16 January 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5201N 5546W to 5145N 5400W to 5700N 5400W to 5935N 5620W to
6430N 5530W to 6000N 5100W to 5640N 4725W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 16 January 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Sunday weakening trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Sunday approaching trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Cabot Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 PM NST 16 January 2021 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Mid Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea, and Northwest
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: