South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 01 June 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Wind north 25 knots tonight and Friday.
Showers and fog patches ending overnight.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 01 June 2023
Tonight and Friday. Outside the ice edge seas 1 to 2 metres.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 01 June 2023
Saturday Wind north 25 knots diminishing to north 15 in the afternoon.
Sunday Wind light increasing to southeast 15 to 20 knots.
Monday Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 1 June 2023 Today Tonight and Friday 4 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 June 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5128N 5652W to
Newfoundland near 5120N 5643W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4934N 5428W to
5450N 5354W to 5517N 5552W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
4 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 1 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5359W to 4610N 5300W to 4650N 4700W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5745N 5250W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 1 June 2023 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line north-south over
the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday trough located east of the East Labrador
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Friday ridge located over Labrador.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: