South Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 09 August 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 knots this evening then veering to southwest 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind backing to south 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:27 PM EDT 8 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4712N 5252W to 5115N 4820W to 5555N 5055W to 5700N 5330W to 5930N
5640W to 6025N 5155W to 5820N 4655W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5044N 5924W to Newfoundland near 4957N 5741W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 9 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over the Great Northern Peninsula.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday approaching trough located over Baffin
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: