Issued 03:00 AM NST 25 January 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots becoming light near noon then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
Temperatures minus 6 to minus 3 rising to plus 1 Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5120N 5230W to 5505N 5215W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 24 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5245W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 25 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NST today departing trough located east of the Marine
At 3:00 a.m. NST today high located over the southern Gulf of
By 3:00 a.m. NST Sunday high located over the southern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NST Sunday approaching low 995 mb located over Maine.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:58 AM NST 25 January 2020 A trough of low pressure east of the marine district will continue to
depart today. Strong to gale force northwesterlies in the wake of
The trough will slowly subside as the trough departs.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, East Coast - north of Cape St.
Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: