Issued 08:00 PM NDT 23 September 2021
Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 10 to 15 near midnight then to northeast 15 to 20 early Friday morning. Wind veering to east 10 to 15 Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 8 July 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 September 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5216N 5544W to 5230N 5430W to 5400N 5300W to 5500N 5230W to
5800N 5700W to 6035N 5840W to 6045N 5420W to 5935N 5240W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 23 September 2021 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line east-west over
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the South Coast of Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: